Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:27:12 -0000
Kay has made some very interesting points here.

I have adopted ferrets from various rescues and i gave a donation to
cover the neutering costs and some towards feeding.  As we all know
feeding a ferret the correct diet is not cheap.

And being registered does not guaruntee a well run rescue centre.

Kay you are right, Tony does breed ferrets, but he justifies this by
saying he only breeds what he already has homes for.  Shame Tony cannot
simply put these ferret buyers/would be owners, in touch with rescue
centres crying out for good ferret homes.

As for the implication that it is in someway dishonest to accept
donations, Tony himself has asked for a camper van, i've seen the advert
myself.  It might not be a monetary donation but it's no different to ppl
who have given kay straw.

Such a shame that ppl don't realise all the hard work done by the small
rescues who maybe only take in a few ferrets every year.

To insist all these small places try and get charity status will only
add to the problems we already have, and serve to discourage the small.
rescues, which i'm sure everyone will agree is detrimental to the ferrets
who in some cases will be put down if there is nowhere availble to take
them in.

This must not happen.

The ferrets must come first, not soley the opinion of one person who had
jumped on the 'chartiy status' bandwagon.