From:
CORRINE ROONEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 17:47:01 -0500
Hi,

I'm usually just a reader here. I love the FML. Thanks Big.
I have a few questions.

Peanut, male neutered about 3.5 years old, Has developed some skin/ fur
problems.  He has began shedding again (twice this year) he looks too skinny
enenthough he weighs the same as always (2.2 lbs) His hair is very thin and
dry.  He has orange areas on his skin and is very itchy.  I took hi m to the
vet and was told to wash him in Skin so soft once a month.  There are no
fleas or mites seen.  No ear mites.

I looked thru the Ferret Faqs and found what seemed to be a description of
Peanut's orange areas.  It suggested using an antibacterial soap.  What I'd
like to know is what kind.  People soap?  Is dial OK?  I don't want to use
anything too strong.

Since last Oct. peanut has suffered from what appeared to be ECE (he was
down to .75 lbs) and occasional GI Upset since.  He was treated for an ulcer
a few months ago and the vomiting has stopped completely.  He seems to now
have developed an occasional loss of coordination in his back legs.  They do
not seem weak, but when he's wardancing or running around sometimes his back
legs fall to the side.

Has anyone encountered these signs all together?  I'm just curious if these
are seperate incidents or are leading up to something not good.  Peanut had
a fasting blood sugar, CBC, and Chem drawn Tues.  I am waiting fior the
results.  I have brought him to 3 different vets since Oct numerous times.
Every vet seems to think he is fine.  I've had 9 ferrets in the last 10
years.  I've never had one with all these sicknesses.  I am woried.

Sorry this got so long. My main question was what type of antibacterial
soap should I use? I'm a little leary on the SSS.

Thank You
                         Corrie
    Peanut, Lucy, Satchmo, Band-Aid and Flea.