From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 19:06:10 -0500
There is a group in the Washington DC area called PETS DC.  they deal with
AIDS patients and help plan to supplement and care for pets after their
human friends are too ill or no longer with them.

I volunteer as the ferret person, though, since DC is a FFZ, I have not
received any calls.

Anyway - your AIDS support system/doctor should know of a group like this in
the NYC area, or call the North Shore Animal League, or I can send you a
listing of NY ferret shelters/clubs if you would prefer to deal with ferret
people directly.  The advantage of an AIDS association is that they may be
able to help you keep your ferret longer and help with some pet related
expenses.

Pam Grant