From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 00:44:50 -0800
One of my ferrets, Epsie, just adores people food and will often nibble off
of my plate while I'm eating.  He is partial to baked goods, the bigger the
better.  For example, he once tried to walk off with an entire unsliced
pizza.  Anyway, my silly story involves pancakes.  I enjoy making pancakes
for myself on quiet weekend mornings, but found that Epsie would inevitably
climb up on the table and try stealing one.  After a while I decided to get
clever.  These days, every time I make a batch of pancakes, I always cook
two or three little teeny-tiny ferret-sized pancakes and put them on the
table in a teeny-tiny ferret-sized dish, sort of like an offering to the
weasel gods.  My fiance thinks it's a riot!  The sad thing, though, is that
Epsie spurns his custom made pancakes.  He still insists on trying to grab
mine while I'm not looking!  I guess that falls under the category of, "Why
do they do what they do?"  If anyone has an answer, please let me know.

Bon appetite!
Julie