From:
Stacey Schrier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 00:32:17 PDT
Hello!  I finally subscribed and got reconnected to FML since my move to
Germany!  I never really introduced myself when I was receiving FML in the
states.  (Sorry this is going to be long) My name is Stacey & my husband's
name is Frank.  We are owned by two ferrets.  Buster is a 3 yr old male
sable, and Grumpy is a 5 yr old male sable.  We also have a male cat named
Tabby.  They are a part of the family, so they flew with us from the states
(4 mos ago).

Anyway, Grumpy hasn't been feeling well lately.  He's been acting as if he
has a cold.  On top of that his spleen has always been slightly larger than
normal.  Our prior vet told us not to worry if it didn't create any
problems.  Last night, it seemed larger than normal.  He also didn't want to
eat or drink, so, I fed him Pedialyte by syringe.  He seemed to enjoy this!
This morning, he was feeling a little better (being hydrated), but, still
not himself (not active and sleeping alot).  We got him into a local vet
which we have gone to once before and got a good impression.  He kept him
for tests and fluids during the day today.  Tomorrow morning Grumpy is
having his spleen removed.  The vet also suspects a tumor, but, can't tell
until he goes inside.  The vet's only concern is him awakening from the
surgery.

He's our baby and I guess we are just very worried about him.  The vet says
he has taken care of many ferrets and seems knowledgable with ferrets.  The
weird thing is that we haven't seen many ferrets in our area.  I'm not
trying to down grade his credibility, it's just an observance.

If anyone would like to respond you can reach me at:
or thru the FML.  Thanks to Troy Lynn for all of her support with Grumpy.=
Everyone that can, please pray for my Grumpy.  Thank you.