From:
Leanne O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:12:49 -0500
Hi All:
I went to the new Petco in my area yesterday to check on the condition
of the ferrets at the store.  I am extremely opposed to them selling
ferrets, and would never spend one cent there, but I know we've already
debated that issue on the FML.  Anyway, when I went to the Plymouth, MA
store yesterday, I saw NO food in the ferrets enclosure.  I asked a store
employee, and she said they feed the ferrets in the morning and then
again at night (so they're going about 12 hours between feedings????).
I told her that ferrets need to eat every few hours because of their fast
metabolisms and she said that's "what Petco tells us to do", and that the
ferrets "sleep all day anyway".  Gee, maybe they have no energy because
they're hungry!!!???

Does anyone know if this is an actual Petco policy?  What can be done?
Has anyone else seen this at other stores?  I am so angered, disgusted,
and sad about this.  It's neglect in my opinion.  Any advice or
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance-
Leanne