From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 02:31:11 -0600
Hi All,

This time I have really done it.  I guess there was an ad in yesterday's
paper that my Mom forgot to mention to me until today.  It was an add
selling "5" (yes that is only 5) week old kits.  There were two albino's for
$75 each and a sable for $50.  When I saw the 5 weeks I wanted to scream as
that is still way too young to be taking them from Mommy.  Then the price
pissed me because I knew they could not be neutered and spayed for that
cost.  Well it kept bugging me more and more thru the afternoon while Mom
and I worked on everything to get moola in the mail for Dayna tomorrow.  She
will have a money order going out tomorrow by the way.

So it keeps on bugging me but my Mom said David was supposssed to call and
check on it.  I called him and he had not done it so at almost 11pm I took a
chance and called.  She has the parents she said but that was about all she
said.  Unfortunately the little sable was already gone yesterday, DAMN, then
she said she was only going to ask $50 for the two albinos and I said
SOLD!!!!!  I begged her to hold them and I would be there the earliest she
said I could come, 11 am was what she said.  I cannot in good conscience as
a shelter operator let these too young babies leave into the hands of
someone that may not have access to the info.  I do and they will be
spayed/neutered by me as well.  Well I won't do the operations but I will
pay for them, he he he he.  I want to stop as much of the breeding by people
who do not know what they are doing here as possible.  This is the only way
I know to do that.

Gee I guess their sex's will even be a surprise as I forgot to ask that due
to the worry I was under<GGG> Just like having a baby I guess:-) So tomorrow
morning two 5 week old baby albino's will be joining my family.  NOW :
HELP!!!  I need that recipe for MUSH for kits that was posted just recently
by someone.  I want them to have everything they need and I have never dealt
with kits this young before.  I know to water their food down to mush but
shouldn't I add some a/d paste or other goodies to it too?  Please help me
to know how to give them the nutrition they need at such a young age, and
THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance.

Good heavens, I swore that I never really wanted to go through kithood with
any babies again and here I am taking on two of them and they are younger
than any I have ever had.  Guess you should never say never huh?:-) My Mom
doesn't know this, so hush, but I have a terrible feeling that I will have
to keep one of these babies myself to remind me of my RACY.  If I do and it
is a girl then she will be named the name I have been saving for soooooo
long, FANCY!!  She can never replace my RACY but since her leaving me I have
wanted so badly to have another little albino girl just like her:-) Funny
that just after I have made peace over RACY's leaving I get my opportunity
to do this.  So wish me luck in convincing my MOM not to kill me<GGG> BTW it
is ONLY because many of you told me to keep some of the AC monies for FANG
and some told me to keep half of their monies for FANG that I am able to do
this at all.  Of course if I keep a baby I will pay for it out of my own
funds.  FANG funds are for the shelter kids only I say.  SO THANK YOU ALL
MORE THAN I CAN SAY, AGAIN!!  I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Signed,

The Expectant Mother!!!<GGGG>  & of course The Entire FANG GANG also
waiting anxiously!!

*      Kelleen Andrews  &  Her FANG GANG!!!!          *
*  President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club     *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*      208-342-7292                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *