From:
Richard Buckley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 17:44:59 -0400
For the DVMs on the FML:

I seem to recall from a year or two ago there was some discussion about the
safty and effectiveness of the Program flea control for ferrets.  If memory
serves final word was that yes it is effective.  At that time the Program
was not available in our area, or anywhere in Canada.  The other day
Margaret was called by our Vet (for the dog and cats) to as about the
Program for ferrets.  It seems it is now available.  The compay (who latter
answered our Vet's questions) claims that the dosage for a cat under 10 lbs
(used for kittens) is appropriate for ferrets, but is not documented in the
product liturature because of in sufficient testing.  My question is: what
does the general wisdom say about using the Program for all the pets in the
house?  Especially for a house like ours with a dog and two cats who are
frequently outside, and 8 ferrets who are ocasionally outside.

--
Richard