From:
Gail Sherman Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:38:23 -0500
My little girl Spot, who you all may remember has been having intermittant
apparent gastro-intestinal problems over the past several weeks, ranging
from diarhea to vomiting and complete lack of appetite, yesterday revealed
to me a new and frightening symptom, swollen vulva.  She has been to the vet
three times during this period and has had three different courses of
medical treatment, none of which have been effective.  I called my vet
immediately (babbling like an idiot I'm sure) who confirmed my fears, that
Spot may be a dreaded Marshall Farms incomplete spay.  She is to go in
tomorrow morning for a blood test to confirm this diagnosis.  Can anyone
tell me what her outlook will be if this is the case?  I assume the vet will
have to operate to remove the remaining ovarian tissue, but right now she is
in a weakened state due to not eating or drinking properly.  Are there meds
she can take to ease the symptoms and build up her strength?  Can she fully
recover at this point?  I spent hours scouring the internet for info on this
and found almost nothing.  My vet sounded very grim on the phone, and I
could really use some encouraging words.  I love this little girl so much
and it breaks my heart to see her so miserable.  My chubby little buddy,
Spike, doesn't understand why Spot doesn't want to play, and I think she
gets really lonely when I am at work.

Thanks in advance
Gail