From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:21:11 -0400
Just a heads up for anyone who may have seen or heard of this situation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hundreds-of-hoarded-animals-discovered-long-island-home

Because there were ferrets involved, our shelter director, Vanessa,
contacted one of the groups (STAR). They have already had some
applications for animals but can't adopt out any until the criminal
evidence has been filed and a judge rules them available for adoption.
We have offered them our assistance to either hold, take in, or provide
supplies for the ferrets as they need.

Several shelters are involved - among them Brookhaven and Save the
Animals Rescue Foundation (STAR). STAR does have a facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/savetheanimalsrescue
STAR also has a website at http://www.savetheanimalsrescue.org/

Anyone who lives on the island and who can volunteer at the Brookhaven
shelter or at STAR would probably be welcomed. Star said they were
pretty overwhelmed; already had 70 animals and they took all the
"exotics" - which was another 100.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut