From:
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 16:59:30 +0000
In light of all of the floods and troubles across the land, it seemed
so small to bother to post that I had lost my job of 12 years with 23
years of being in the mortgage business. Everyone has troubles and
mine seemed small in comparision.

Simply put, my employer was unable to meet payroll for over a month yet
refused to lay me off so I could file for unemployment benefits or look
for another job. It through me in a tailspin and I had to go through
the Atty General's office, Fair Labor Board and an adjuticator with
the Division of Unemployment just to finally get the word a day or so
ago that I will be getting benefits.

Hence the orders were delayed and I drove them to the post office with
a note of apology, with some extra in the orders and in some cases
refunded the amount. Then the post office decided to torture me with
returning two orders as they felt that they should have been sent in
a box versus the flat rate envelope. Apparently the advertisement for
"if it fits it ships" doesn't hold quite true .

Now that I can move forward with finding another job, and ensuring
orders are immediately shipped out I feel more back on track. Although
there was no storm or flooding here, I felt like a tornado had ripped
through and now the pieces are being put back in order.

The ferrets are fine, we have enough food and medicine at present and
thanks to wonderful volunteers, ferret sitting and new orders coming
in the shelter will survive no matter what.

Wishing blue skies for all,
Diane at South Shore Ferret Care