From:
Chris Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 12:47:03 -0800
Just wanted to let you know that you CAN take your ferrets with you in the
cabin area when you fly, if you're flying on DELTA.  I checked with both
United and American, and they said I'd have to put my fuzzies in the cargo
area, which I'd never want to do.  But when I checked with Delta, the agent
read me the list of acceptable pets, and lo and behold, "ferret" was the
last one (they probably recently added it).  But when I said I had two
ferrets, he had to put me on hold to verify that I could take both of them.
I was very happy when he responed with Yes.  :) So my little critters and I
will be a happy traveling family when necessary.

I was so happy to learn Delta allows ferrets in cabin.  Why don't the other
airlines?  They allow rabbits, birds, cats, puppies and kittens--why not
fuzzies?

The reason I looked into this is because I am considering taking a job
transfer which would require me to travel at times.  I didn't really
want to take the transfer if I had to leave my little Alex and Tabitha
behind.  But now they can come with me!  The only time I'll have to
leave them at home with a sitter is when I travel to California.

By the way, does anyone know if Atlanta has a ferret group or good, reliable
sitters?  That's where I'll be transferring to.

Happy holidays from
"Please cuddle me under your chin mommy" Alex, and
"I live to dook, flip, bounce, chase, lunge, play-nip, and laugh" Tabby