Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:14:45 EDT
>My guys like diet Pepsi

Hi Shelley ~

I'd be careful with anything "diet" because of the aspartame content.
Some of the synthetic sugars can cause liver and kidney problems (in
humans) and it is thought can contribute to some cancers.  With that said
I too give my fuzzies a bit of grape (I cut it up into smaller pieces),
melons and peppers from the garden.  It's interesting to watch nature
and wild animals to see which herbs they consume.  They always go for
the strawberries, hyssop (staves off incoming infections) and echinacea,
parsley (a cleansing herb), and calendula (cleansing).  The deer eat
tomatoes and some ate valerian last night.  Since it's a sedative I
was surprised not to find a field of dozing deer this morning.

Warmly ~

Mary L. Conley, ND, Herbalist
Conley Farm Organic Herbs
Online Classes