From:
ROCK377274 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:00:00 EDT
>"Now, this is in Canadian funds, but $1200 is still a lot of money...
>"I didn't know it was possible for a vet to charge this much for adrenal
>surgery!!  I paid $160, and I've heard of people paying $250 and $450, but
>this price seems out-of-this-world expensive.  Even with an ultrasound and
>an overnight stay at the hospital, I can't think why the surgery was so
>expensive.  Have I been living a sheltered life, or should Sharon find
>another vet?">

Hi.  Its me Sharon former RaysGirl00.  This will be the new name I will be
posting under for now.  I hate AOL.  Anyway... The $1200.00 wasnt just for
the surgery.  It was a 3 day hospital stay because he almost didnt make it.
He had to be emergency catheterized because of Prostate swelling blocking
off the Urethra.  The exploratory surgery itself only cost $200.00.  I have
a 2 page long list of everthing that was little added on extras that all
added up to another $1000.00 Dollars.  Believe me.  They gave me a estimate
from 1200-1600 I was glad it came out to be $1200!!  Unfortunately I had no
choice but use them.  It was night time and an emergency and They take
payments!!  Which is a big obstacle when you need emergency anything!  I
have been trying to find a new vet in the meantime.  I have had some good
recomendations from people from the FML.  I am weary though.  I would hate
to go to a vet in an emergency and have them tell me that since I dont have
ALL of the money right at this moment, that There is nothing that can be
done an my baby is going to die!  I had that experience once and never want
it again.  I would as soon as get that Vets license taken away if I could!
I dont know if Im allowed to post the vets name here.  (BIG if I cant then
just please remove it!)  The North Bergen Animal Hospital in New Jersey is
horrible and I will never deal with them ever again.  The vet who did they
surgery is at the Oradell Animal Hospital.  They were GREAT with Woobie.
They were overpriced, but they saved him!  :) If I have to pay $1200 again
to get the quality of care they gave him.  I would do it again!  I would
like to pay less..  but like I said I would not want to face another
emergency with no knowledge of a new and different vet and his payment
policies!!  As for my original post... Does anyone know why Woobie is being
so aggressive sexually towards Princess??  Can it be the tumor coming back??

Thanks
Sharon, Woobie and Princess
Formerly [log in to unmask]