From:
"FRITZ, GINA M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:54:00 EDT
Kat,

I am really behind on my FML reading.  I am just reading Aug. 22 issue.

I read your post about the sick ferret in PA.  I called the store and spoke
to John the owner and asked if anyone has taken the ferret or if it has seen
a vet.  He said no to both.  He told me a little about her, pretty much what
you said, she's about 4 years old, and seems to be in heat and has a
wonderful sweet personality.

I have been owned by two girls for about two years now and don't know
anything about going into heat and breeding and so on.  "John" said he
thinks she is losing some hair because she needs to be breed, I don't know.
But if there is someone out there that can help maybe a shelter or a vet, I
would be willing to drive from NJ to PA and pick up this little girl and
take her some where.  Or maybe I could talk to my SO and see if we can't be
a foster home and try to find "An Angel Vet" to try and help her.  We too
are just making our mortage payments.  (Although sometimes I feel a rescue
is more important then a house) Is there a vet on the FML that can help?
How about a shelter?  Does someone from LOS in Levittown PA read the FML
maybe we could work together.  Should she be breed to get her out of heat
and then taken to the vet?  Maybe if my SO agrees to this maybe someone
could split a vet expense with me?  I told John I will do what I can to help
this little girl out and I would get back to him.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gina