From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 10:21:38 -0700
Like Mr. Rahner, I think that there have been a couple of anonymous
postings that have been annoying (mostly for their inaccuracies
presented as fact), and at least one of them has had no identifying
information at all to make possible a reply, even in public.

[Moderator's notes: Well, inaccuracies certainly are not limited to
anonymous posts, and you can always reply saying something like, "in
issue 1492, Anonymous Poster said...".  If one wishes to reply privately,
I do forward mail to anonymous posters when I remember who they are - I
don't keep any permanent records of anonymous posters...]

Also, since I'm posting from an FFZ and don't want to endanger my
ferrets, I certainly see the need for continued anonymous posting.

However, could we change the policy to require anonymous posters to
at least sign their postings with a consistent pseudonym?

[... I like that idea quite a bit.  It gets confusing to know who said
what when they're all signed "anonymous".  Can we start doing that?
I'll put it in the FML welcome note eventually and announce it. BIG]

Thanks,
Dennis