Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:53:57 -0700
I find this hilarious.  Everyone is all bent out of shape and why???
When there was a discussion on using your mouth to scruff everyone was
fine with it (And is it not BITING the ferret??)

When I get a new ferret and they are overly aggressive I "bite" their
scruff and drag them a little bit.  IT IS A NATURAL process of domminence
to do this and the ferret understands it as such.

I am sure Alexandra does not bite and shake and twist and leave marks
(like some ferrets do to others).

I often will bite the scruff to hold them while I clip nails as well.
And if I had a fert who bit me I have bit them back.  Not hard, not
leaving marks, just enough for them to realize that it is not a game.

I have had ferrets for over 9yrs.  and what is good for the goose is
good for the gander.

Everyone needs to step back and stop and think.  Everyone is intitled
to voice an opinion, That is what I love about the FML.  The diverse
opinions and practices.  Voice them but learn and be willing to stop
and think about the results of them.

All of my ferrets love to be held (boys and girls) all give me kisses and
all will lay on my bed with me at night so what am I doing but letting
them know who the Alpha is.  I do not bite just b/c I was bitten but if
it is a very nasty bite or a bite in the same spot repeatedly then yes I
will bite back.  They do not do it again for a good week afterwards :)
hehehe

Hugs,
Staci L. Sharp
Kassia, Billy, Albert, Nora & Brownie - The Ferts
Griffin, Chloe & Osiris - My Beloved Babies in Fer Fer Neverland