From:
Dana Reale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:09:15 -0500
Hello and dooks to you all!

I've got a quick question that I'd like some advice on.

First off, we have 2 little fuzzies, who are about 10 or 11 weeks old.
Wonderful things, they are!!

Our "Little Miss" is the hyper one of the fuzzy duo, and she just loves
people.  Only problem is, she seems to like to bite me, and there is no way
in heck that she's going to bite my husband.  Almost seems like she's got a
thing against me!  But, I know that's not it.  We're tested this out...
when she chews on my finger (quite hard, but not enough to draw blood), I
will take my finger away quickly (after she's bitten for a few seconds) and
my husband will put his finger near her mouth - and she won't bite him at
all!

I've tried pushing her jaw down.  My husband says that he would leave his
finger in her mouth, even when she wanted to stop biting.  On both of the
occasions where I've tried this, she's just kept on chewing on my finger,
like it's a chewtoy or something.  Do I just assume she likes the taste of
my finger?

I should also mention that she likes to try and nibble on my wrists.  I
was born premature, and therefore my veins are close to the surface.  She
sniffs down my hand and sniffs more intently at my wrist, where the veins
are (you all know the spot) - then she tries to nibble there!  Of course,
there's no way I'm going to do any experiments on how long she'll chew
there or anything.  It just kind of freaks me out a little.

Now I know that there are F.A.Qs out there and books (we've got a couple!)
on how to stop her from biting.  But when she bites me, it honestly isn't
malicious.  It seems she thinks I'm a chewtoy!

Anyone have any advice on how to get her to stop chewing on me?  It seems
like she's nip-trained off of my hubby, but will gladly nibble on me!

~Dana Lenore Reale and her 2 little fuzzies ("Little Miss" and "Buddy" for
now - names come hard for the unimaginative!)