Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:26:25 -0400
Hi LIsa,

My main concern stemmed from the fact that in the last 2 to 3 months
there were 2 posts from Mr. Owings stating that he tripped and stepped on
the two seperate ferrets and they died.  If I was mistaken in my reading
of these posts, I apologize.  I am unable to do a search for these posts
as they are not archived yet.  My intent was not to harm anyone, only to
try to help.

I also stated in my post that I was very concerned about the frequency of
his ferrets being missing for several days at a time.  Here are the dates
of his ferrets turning up missing etc.

Feb 2002,
Claims he got his first two ferrets.  Vinnie and Shadow.

March 2002,
Mr. Owings introduces himself and says he has had 2 ferrets, both Vinnie
Da Rat, one killed by dog, the other squished in his mattess.

April 15, 2002 Vinnie Da Rat is found.

April 16, 2002, Vinnie da Rat was badly mauled by a dog while he was out.

May 2002
Vinnie III while recovering from the dog mauling was run over and killed
by Mr. Owings wheel chair.

Feb 13 2003
screen door open, ferrets escape.

Feb 14 2003
Ferrets found

Feb 18 2003
Vinnie dies, is stepped on by Mr. Owings.

Now we get to the last couple of months which are not archived but will
be.  Two seperat posts with two seperate names of ferrets that were
stepped on and killed.  Closely followed by a post saying the new baby
girl was lost for several days.  Close on the heels of that post another
saying Big Vinnie was lost for several days.

Please feel free to do an archive search yourself.  Mr. Owings has had
several email names so a search of Owings, David, Vinnie are of the most
help.  I am not sure I got all of them.

Again, my intent was not to do harm.  I am very concerned and when
concerned I do take the time to do a little research.  I wish you would
do the same.

Also stated in my post was a very clear statement that I understood
accidents happen,even two in a row.  I have had accidents happen myself.
My concern is and was, the same kind of accidents seem to keep happening.

I have received a lot of emails privately stating that my concerns are
shared by a lot of very good ferret owners.  Perhaps one of them will
step up and speak out now, perhaps not.  It dosent matter, what does
matter, is my conceince is clear.  If yet another accident occurred
because I was too of araid of other folks opinions my conceince would
not be clear.

Thank you so much for the polite and diplomatic way you handled yourself.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang