From:
"Goth .Queen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:08:52 +0000
I can not understand people's obsession with their hatred of the RSPCA,
as they are also a welfare and rescue group they should be subject to the
same requirements as every UK breeder or person who rescues any type of
animal.  Instead of the RSPCA being at the head of licensing, I would
like to see all the local authorities have a department something like
the Environmental Health Department to take charge of the whole issue,
call it "Locale Animal Welfare and Breeders Authorities" or what ever
you wish to call it, names do not make an issue although I am quite sure
some would like to think it do's.

The following is from one of the many e-mail's that I received on this
subject "No honest person would have a problem with proper licensing for
ferret rescues, ferret charities or ferret breeders."  I agree with this
statement as ferrets are the only animals in the UK which do not have one
single registered charity solely devoted to their welfare, yet you can
find many many people who are run shelters.  So I wonder why these
people have a problem with a proper licensing system for anyone rescuing
ferrets, ferret charities or ferret breeders.  We should start writing to
our member of parliament again to get all such people registered, I have
contacted mine and if more people feel the same as I do then he is
willing to bring up this proposal again in parliament.  Now we have
people who are willing to register as ferret charities all we have to do
now is persuade all the other UK ferret rescues to register as a charity,
once the honest people have registered what is left should fold up their
shelters.  Then when all the charities are registered, the time come for
all breeders and rescue centres to start calling for all breeders and
rescues to be licensed With all the things I keep finding out to help
people and give them more of a chance to become a legal charity or
rescue, I wonder how people will remember me.  .