From:
Mary Reeves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 17:10:50 -0500
I just recently started feeding my 8 fuzzbutts TF, which they really seem to
enjoy.  I just have to keep reminding myself that it's NORMAL for them not
to eat as much as they did of the Iams.

However, my one of my new kittens (8 weeks old) is already convinced she is
a ferret...she plays with them, swims with them (yes, you read that right),
and now she insists on living in the cage with them.  I have no problem with
that.

The problem is that she insists on eating ONLY TF now and if any of the
ferrets try to eat with her, or I try pull her away, she becomes very
"protective" of the food and starts growling and hissing.  She is the same
way with Ferretvite.  If her best buddy Blazer won't touch it, neither will
she.  I've even tried to get them back on Iams, without success.

Is TF bad for kittens?  What about when they become full grown cats?  Is
this going to cause psychological damage to the cat?  Is the growling and
hissing going to cause psychological damage to the ferrets?  I just don't
have the heart to tell Raven that she's a cat, not a ferret.

Mary Reeves
www.dialaccess.com/shadra/home/ferret.htm
ICQ UIN:  2085600