From:
"Morris, Paula" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:47:00 -0500
>I just got a kit, and I have a lot of questions, first, I can't get him
>to use the litterbox, I've tried everything that any ferret owners have
>suggested, but nothing has worked.  .......

One suggestion I have never posted worked with my girls.....in their cage.
They were about 9 weeks old when I got them and totally untrained.  They
had a 3 level cage and they would back into whatever corner was the nearest
and pee, even if it was on the top level....really messy!

I had some chicken wire, so I balled up pieces and wired them into the
corners.  Then, in their bedroom (third level), I hung hammocks low enough
so that it was just not convenient to back up anywhere.  The most easily
accessed corner was the litter pan and, eventually, they started using it
exclusively when they were in their cage.

When they were out of their cage and picked a corner, I put a litter box
there.  I think I've been fortunate because they're both very good, now.

Good luck to you!

Paula.....and Fidget&Fannie