From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 22:48:55 -0400
While shopping for ferret litter at a locally-owned pet store, I decided
to pick up some ear swabs and made an interesting discovery.

Veterinarian's Best - Pet Swabs Ear Relief Wash:
ingredients: proprietary blend of yucca, tea tree oil, and clove oil.
developed by Dawn Curie, DVM
price for a pack of 24: $5.99

Totally Ferret - Ferret Ear Swabs
ingredients: proprietary blend of yucca, tea tree oil, and clove oil.
developed by Dawn Curie, DVM
price for a pack of 24: $11.29!!!

Does this strike anyone else as ridiculous?  Just goes to show, sticking
the word "ferret" on anything automatically doubles the price.  I pointed
this out to the cashier, who actually said she'd talk to the manager
about it.  As for the swabs, both strike equal fear into my weasels
("You're going to stick that squishy thing in my EAR???  Not if I have
anything to say about it!!!)  Now off to find Pukka, who still isn't
speaking to me over having her ears cleaned.

Rachel and the monsters