From:
richard u clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:01:34 -0700
The latin is "in memory of".

Shortly after Christmas, eight and a half years ago, my son introduced me to
the first ferret I had been near enough to touch.  His fiancee of the month
had made Cory a present to him.  They assured me that she would not hurt me.
She didn't.  She did inspected me closely, while I did not quite know what
to expect from this quiet cinnamon critter.

The relationship foundered.  My son moved in with me.  When he later started
a new one, he left, and Cory stayed with me.

Cory was plain vanilla MF.  During those years,she had yearly boosters, one
flu-like episode in 96, ear mites in 97, and that's about it.  She was
bouncy but dignified, most of her life.  She was an only ferret until 95,
when I acquired Princess.  Cory never warmed to any of the subsequent five
,except as absolute boss.  She got separate play times, which cut down on
the rioting.

Almost a year ago, her canines fell out.  She got slower as she aged,
started sleeping a lot more, but still pooped regularly, ate well.  A few
months ago, she developed cataracts in both eyes.  Her hearing was good to
the last.  I have seen humans who did not age as gracefully as she.

I hope she waits for me at the Rainbow Bridge. I could not wish for a
sweeter companion.

REQUIESCAT IN PACE, CORY. VALE.