From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:12:34 EST
>In talking with some knowledgeable folks it sounds like either one or
>none of the current tests may react to distemper vaccines.  Not sure.
>Tests have changed over time.  - Sukie

Ok, I wasn't sure of the CEP.  Judy Gronwald had told me that Dr Stephon
had reported that the immunizations should not alter ELISA tests.  She did
say that some variabilty in results can occur in Kits aged 6 weeks and
under for other reasons.  Obviously any test results depend a great deal
on the experience and capability of the person peforming it.  Home tests
are a wondeful option for the right circumstances.  But I'm glad you
reminded us all that a vet with proper technique is more dependable at
times.

On the topic of distributers being federally inspected or regulated, I
don't have any information there.  I hope that my husband and I did not
have an unusual experience when we called Marshals once, and they gladly
and quickly gave us the phone number of the distributer for our region.
We then called and spoke to them (at the time we were trying to get a kit
directly from MF, that is how this all happened).  If I called MF back
I wonder if they'd once again freely give me the name or number.  I
wonder if if either one would be comfortable answering this question of
inspection.  Or if there is a better way to find out from another source.
I will begin by writting MF ... just to see if that brings any luck or
answers.  :) I'll let you know.  I don't know if I'd be able to take it
much further than that or a phone call.  Its a great question.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: