From:
Debra Sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:29:41 -0400
I just wanted to let everyone know that the "New Jersey Division
of Fish & Wildlife" has thrown a new curve ball to ALL the ferret
rescues/shelters in New Jersey.

First, in case people didn't know, ALL of us ferret rescues/shelters
have to hold a NJF&W Pet Shop Permit in order to rescue and place
ferrets. This permit costs us $100 per year.

Now our permits have been amended. We can only take in ferrets from
New Jersey owners (this doesn't pertain to out of state owners.) ONLY
if they hold a current and up to date NJF&W Exotic Hobbyist Permit
otherwise if the rescue/shelter takes a ferret in without this permit
or a copy of it, the rescue/shelter will get fined and may loose their
permit.

If the owner does not have this permit, they have to file an
application for one with the Dep. of NJF&W in Trenton, and once they
receive their permit, then WE (the ferret rescues/shelters) can accept
their ferrets into our rescues/shelters.

So this is to let ALL the New Jersey ferret owners out there that "you"
MUST have/hold a Exotic Hobbyist permit to legally own your ferrets
in the state of NJ and it must be kept up to date. If you purchase a
ferret from a petshop in New Jersey make sure they give you a 20 day
temporary permit (it s pink) and the application packet. A LEGAL ferret
rescue/shelter will give you these as well. If you purcahse you ferret
from out of state, you still need to apply and hold a current permit
for your ferret.

Debi
Fuzzy Loving Ferret Rescue,
New Jersey