From:
ferretfanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 00:15:59 -0500
A year ago Dec. we moved from MI to FL.  The ferrets and cats were all
in carriers in the car, but there was no room for the cage, not even
in the truck (we rented a 26 ft).  We also had a car carrier with my
daughters car on it hooked to the truck, it was crammed to capacity.  So
we made the 1,400 mile trip with the cage still put together, bungee
corded to the ramps to the car carrier.  Still had their sleep baskets
in, their hammocks, food and water dishes, and, oops, I forgot to dump
the litterboxes, so from MI to KY we had litter flinging back at the
windshield of the car as I was following the truck.  All in all, it made
it pretty well, thru rain and snow, couple of the bars got bent a bit.
After thoroughly cleaning the cage, the ferrets got put in it, almost
good as new.  So I see no problem putting the cage, fully assembled,
into the truck.  Good luck!

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
The Fearless FLO!