From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 01:02:41 -0800
In the last six weeks I've lost my two eldest ferrets. Both had
insulinoma. Both had been going seemingly well on meds. And both went
from running around the room happily one day to dying the next. Andy
I lost on Jan 20th. Oliver I lost this past Friday, Mar 2nd. The
"Seattle Seven" is now the Ferretocious Five".

Thankfully the rest of my bunch is healthy but I feel pretty ripped
apart from this. Earlier I was gathering them up after playtime and was
looking around for another ferret. And then realized I'd already put
everyone back in the cage. And I realized I was looking for both Oliver
AND Andy. And I just sat down on the floor and started sobbing.

I can't remember the name of the ferret that greets our bridge babies.
I think it's Muldoone? Well can he please let my boys know that there's
a big empty space in the hammock without them? And that their mom
misses them - and loved them both so very much? Andy was my sweet,
sensitive quiet ferret I'd tell him how cute he was and he'd roll on
his back and grab his back feet with his front paws and cock his head
to one side. He knew he was adorable :) Oliver was my shadow - he'd
follow me everywhere. I'd look down and there he was with his neck
craned way back to look up at me. Oliver was also my dog Jake's buddy.
They were both 10 weeks old when I got them within two days of
eachother. They wrestled like mad and were inseparable. When I held
Oliver to Jake on Fri Jake gave him a kiss then lay quietly down and
started whining softly. And when I came home without him Jake seemed
to just know.

Dook on, sweet boys. I'll always love you.

- Laura and The Ferretocious Five at www.ferretocious.com