From:
"Melinda M.*" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 18:28:27 -0400
I was planning on buying my fert at the local Petco, but after reading a
post on how horrible the condition of pet store ferrets end up strayed me
away from that idea.  My mom is quite hard to convince to let me get a
fuzzy companion even through all the research and consideration I've put
into one.  I can't very well expect her to drive 2-3 hrs (the closest
shelter) to get one when she actually does permit me.  Does anyone know
where I couls find shelters or breeders?  A book I've read lists ferret
shelters/ organizationa, but as I've said, the closest one is 2-3 hrs.
away.  Does anyone know any ferret shelters/ breeders in northeastern
Pennsylvania?  Or prehaps a good breeder that ships a ferret from
surrounding states in 24 hrs or less?

Thanks for all your help.

Melinda