Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 12:31:12 -0500
    I have a male mischief-maker named Pixie who's about 3 and a half months
old.  He seems healthy enough; he eats Marshall's (and will not eat
*anything* else), and he drinks plenty of water.  I am at school for several
hours during the week, and I work part time as well, so it's hard for me to
find time to play with him as much as I'd like to.  I'd estimate I play with
at least one or two hours a night, and if I'm doing homework or the like, I
always give him part of my attention.  So I don't neglect him at all.

    I was wondering, though, is it normal for a ferret to sleep when I'm out
of the room?  I noticed that when I'm gone, he doesn't really amuse himself
with all of his toys.(I spied on him) Is one bedroom enough space for him?
Would it help if I invested in a "friend" for him?  I assume it would, but
then I wonder if it would be difficult to train them (litter-pan, nipping,
etc.) I'm still having trouble with Pixie nipping and forgetting about his
poo-poo box, but with a month-long break coming up, I'm hoping to spend more
time with him and help him to become reacquainted.

    Any comments or advice from you wonderful veterans would be appreciated,
as I want my baby to be happy :) Thanks a lot!

Elizabeth & Pixie, the Bounty Hunter of Toes