From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:11:23 -0600
Sorry for the crosspost to FOB & the FML...

Last night the Greater Chicago Ferret Association found out that our
Tuesday afternoon volunteer is getting a job transfer to Reno, NV.  In
order for the ferrets to get ample play time, and the evening volunteers to
get out at a reasonable hour, we need a reliable person to come in for at
least a couple of hours during the day every Tuesday, mainly to let play
groups out & clean cages.  The morning meds are done by someone else -
evening meds and feedings are done by the evening crew (last night that was
me, Norm, & Mary - speaking of which, we could always use an extra person
Tuesday night, or any night for that matter).  Normally I'm there from 5 pm
to 10 pm at the latest.  Last night I was still there until after midnight.
Norm & Mary left later than I did.  Luckily, our population is down a bit,
but that never lasts very long.  Just to give you an idea, play groups
alone take about 6 hours of our time every day, regardless of our
population.

Please, if you have a couple of hours to spare on Tuesday afternoons,
consider volunteering at the GCFA shelter.  I've been doing it since 12/99,
and it's the most rewarding thing I've ever done.  I look forward to going
every week!  If my work schedule was more flexible, I'd do it.  But
unfortunately I cannot.

The shelter is located a few miles south of Brookfield Zoo.  I live in
Elgin, and it takes me about 45 minutes to get home.  From my work in
Palatine (during rush hour), it takes me about an hour to get there.

I also wanted to extend my thanks to Anne Marie, who answered my post back
in October and now volunteers Friday afternoons.  And for those who think
I'm "trolling the FML for volunteers," please forgive me - but we need help
and here is where we'll find it.  If you'd like further information, please
feel free to contact me via email [log in to unmask] or call the shelter
(708) 442-8650.  Calls are returned in the evening.  You can visit their
website for further information: http://www.gcfa.com

Thanks!

Amy McNamara
GCFA Member & Volunteer

~~~
Visit Miya, Nina, Rascal, Jack, & Joey at our website!
http://www.geocities.com/neenerbean_78