From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:01:46 -0400
A Sign of the Times

She told him she was sorry 'bout a hundred times or more.
She climbed the stairs still shaking as she stood outside the door.
Her heart was in her throat, with silent tears she had to cry.
For this was it, the day she dread, the day she'd say goodbye.

So much she didn't want to give her precious baby up.
All was fine until last month when someone pulled the rug.
The hardest thing ahe'd ever know came up upon her fast.
She had to break a promise that her home would be his last.

She stood there for a second more then the door opened wide.
The tears were falling down now, the same tears she tried to hide.
The woman op'ning up the door said you're upset I see.
And then she said those awful words, please give him here to me.

The woman she had spoken with stood steady at the door.
Please tell me all  the things I need to know then tell me more.
Tell me how you'll always love him more than words can say.
Tell me that inside your heart his memory will stay.

The woman that he knew and loved turned quickly on her heel.
She could not bear to leave him and she knew it was too real.
Her heart would always hold him close, she'd love him 'til she died.
Then the door closed behind her, now her love was safe inside.

To give him up she thought, it was the right thing left to do.
She had no money for his care, what else was she to do?
She got into her car, in tears she slowly drove away.
She'd always love her little man, forever and a day.

S. Pyron
8/21/11