From:
Jay Scott Embry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 22:54:42 -0600
I've been staying at my folks for a couple of weeks during a drawn out
process of moving.  Last night during a rain shower, Thunder, my spoiled,
never been alone, one year old, unaltered male, silver-mauve, deaf DEAR ONE,
got out via a door left carelessly ajar.  We knew within 15 minutes what had
happened.  We searched the yard and neighborhood on foot with flashlights
for 8 hrs.  What little sleep I got was on the floor in the open doorway
throught which he escaped.  We searched on foot and in cars over a larger
area today, stopping and showing his picture to every person we could find.
The neighborhood is large and sandwiched between a highway (with several
empty acres then an airport on the other side) and a small lake.  Lots of
places to hide.  Lots of cats and dogs.  Lots of traffic.  Lots of possum
and skunk.  O God.

We have his picture on fliers for lamp posts and all the weekend garage
sales in the area.  All the neighbors have been called.  An ad will be in
the paper starting in the morning.  I notified his vet (the area ferret guy)
in case someone calls him in as a stray.  I notified animal control so they
could call us if he is picked up.  (I will be checking with them daily.) We
have set out food in case he wanders back.  Our answering machine message
has instructions and his vets ph# in case he's injured.

What am I forgetting?  Is there ANYTHING else?  Please, please help.  Please
keep Thunder in your thoughts and prayers.

Scotty