From:
Weasle Queen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:59:45 -0500
I AM part of a ferret organization.  Yes I DO promote our shows, and yes
I DO take a table at our shows.  Here's why: I was having a problem with
my town (still am) and LOSN has supported me all the way, that is why I
am part of this group.  I promote our shows because the money raised
from those shows help the ferrets in our rescues.  The money helps pay
for food, bedding, litter, medical needs, and yes, even toys to help
stimulate the ferrets so they don't become bored.  I have a table at
the shows selling my HOME MADE ITEMS to help support MY ferret rescue.
Ferret shows are not just about ribbons and trophies, it's about raising
money to take care of ferrets in need.  So many NJ rescues have closed
over the years because the money ran out to keep them going.  People are
leary about sending donations to a rescue/shelter unless they are 501-C3.
Alot of the rescues/shelters choose not to get this stattous for one
reason or another, but it doesn't mean they are not legitimate I for one
do not want to BEG for Donations, I'd rather make things to sell to raise
money.  This is why ferret shows are important, so people can learn how
to take care of their furkids, learn new tips, how to keep their ferrets
healthy, and BUY ferret products to help support the rescues/shelters,
not line big corperation's pockets with the money ferret rescues/shelters
need to survive and care for the ferrets in them!

Debi

WEASLE QUEEN