Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:34:20 -0400
Please welcome Mr. Smokey as the newest member of my household, joining
Paddington (found ferret, unknown origin, 6-7 years old) and Scooter
(Marshall Farms, 4 years old).

After Waldorph Bunny left for the bridge on Saturday, I thought that one of
the nicest things I could do in his memory would be to take in a ferret who
otherwise wouldn't have a "home" of his own.  Smokey joined my household
Sunday as a foster ferret from Fuzztek Shelter in New Jersey.

Smokey is five and a half years old, a beautiful silver with a nose that
looks like it was dipped in Hershey's chocolate, and a sweet, sweet
disposition.  (He'll kiss me for five minutes straight when I pick him up!)
Although they were admittedly first far more interested in the bedding that
he came in with than anything else, Scooter and Paddington have now become
fast friends with Mr. Smokey himself.

Smokey is almost exactly the same size as both Paddington and Scooter, and
has a very similar disposition to Paddington's.  In other words ..  he gets
along with everybody, and is very outgoing!  His first act in his new home
was to find the litterbox and use it.  I was impressed.

Smokey asked that I please let all of you know that he left behind many,
many other ferrets at Fuzztek (in New Jersey) who would also love the
opportunity to enjoy a good home, be it by foster or adoption.  They are
pretty much any age, size and colour imaginable, male and female.  If you
are interested in finding out more about them, please contact Anne Ryan at
[log in to unmask] or 732-398-0132.  (I have permission to post Anne's
contact info., BIG).  Thank you!

- Ela

Ela Heyn
Harborside Mail Stop 3024