From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:23:53 -0400
The single funniest thing one of our's ever did happened long ago.
Hjalmar was a kit and we used to get our dairy products from a local
dairy, Wagners (Beth here knows them!).  Their dairy store was next to a
milking barn.  Usually our ferrets take readily to travel but Hjalmie did
not so we were taking him on short trips, including this outing to the
dairy, his first.  It was a hot summer day and I was young enough and in
shape enough that such a day meant that I was in short top and strapless
bra.  After our arrival, Steve went into the store to get our supplies
and I stayed outside with Hjalmar, only to have a very curious and very
elegant gentleman approach to meet Hjalmar.  Hjalmie was being to calm
down when a cow mooed.  Well, that kit headed for the safest place he
knew: my shirt.  I don't know which of us humans was the more embarrassed
when my bra wound up suspended from my waist with a startled Hjalmie
sitting in one cup!

(Oh, nothing more embarrassing than undergarments showed.  We didn't
dress with showing bras back in those days.)