From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 13:06:31 EDT
Hi all...just got a call from my best friend.  She is 18 also.  She just
told me she is going to go look for a ferret to buy next week!

Sure..it sounds good SO FAR, but I've known her for 9 years and she REALLY
shouldn't have a ferret.  Unfortunately, she is one of the irresponsible
teens we hear of too often.  I don't want to bash her, but animals aren't
for her!  The thing is, I need help trying to talk her out of it.  I
don't want her to think that I think she's incapable or anything.  She is
capable, but she's just irresponsible when it comes to these things.  I
know how to talk to her and all, I just want advice or any strong points I
should bring up when I talk to her.  I hate to say this, but I won't dare
let her "babysit" my babies (would any of you?) So that is out of the
question.  I tried to get her to come here to watch them, but she always
gets sidetracked.  So that's out of the question too.  I know it sounds bad
to talk someone out of knowing the joy of these furry wonders, but I know
her, and trust me, it's not something she needs.  If she gets one anyways
(she's stubborn) I have a STRONG feeling it will either be given up or
taken for granted.  Should I even try to talk her out of it at all?
Wanting some perspective from you all.