From:
Joyce Meadows <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 16:21:15 -0600
Last night as I was playiing with Seth and Emma (the two most wonderful
ferrets in the world!), I noticed that Emma's vulva was swollen.  So this
morning, very upset, I took her in to the vet.  He took a swabbing and said
it did indeed look as if she might be in heat.  He said it was also possible
she had adrenal problems or a vaginal infection.

So tomorrow morning he's doing exploratory surgery on her, and if she is
indeed whole, he'll spay her.

This is the ferret I got just before Thanksgiving - the pet store clerks
said she had been spayed and descented.  However, she has sprayed a few
times, and now this....  If it turns out that she wasn't spayed or
descented, what are my chances of making the pet store pick up the bill?
How would I need to go about that?  When I bought her, I paid for a spayed,
descented female.  If the pet store clerks were wrong, I will be a bit
ticked off.

I'm the 'worried mommy' now....  Emma-chan's so little (1.4 lbs) - well, in
comparison to Seth, anyway....And she's going under the knife!!  Eek!

Seth will be staying here with a friend of mine while I'm at my mom's house
(for about a week), but Emma's coming with me.  We leave tomorrow evening,
and I am a little nervous about traveling so soon after her surgery.  It's
about a 10-hour ride; will she sleep through most of it?

Sorry this is so long, but I'm not a happy camper right now.... Please keep
all three of us, especially Emma, in your thoughts and prayers.  Also,
please send any responses to me via e-mail, because I'm unsubscribing for
about a week (otherwise my account will overflow with mail, which the school
doesn't like): [log in to unmask]

    Thanks!  and Merry Christmas!
...have yourself a merry little ferret, let your heart be light, from now
   on your shoes will all be out of sight....
-joyce  (*unable to speak; just kind of sitting in shock*)
-Seth the Adventurer (a whole week with jason and two other ferrets
   i hope he has lots of things i can tear up)
-Emma  (i dont want to go back to that guy with the needles)