From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 23:53:12 -0400
I completely adore my three little fuzzgals.  Each is so different and
so full of her own personality and spirit.  Recently, as I deal with
changes in my own life, I've reflected on how they deal with theirs.
Life isn't constant or still, it's an ever evolving and changing state.
I realize that their life teaches me about mine.  So I just wanted to
share what I've learned from Mikette, Jillie, and Baby.

Baby, you live life so simply and happily.  You find joy in just being.
Sometimes you seem unaware of the details in your environment, you're so
involved in just being you.  It took you a good 15 minutes to notice that
Jillie had joined our family.  Not a quick observation considering you
were in the room as she arrived in her carrier.  You just bounce along,
effortlessly enjoying life.  Your spirit resounds in the simple joy of
existing, not to just find joy, but to be joy.  Baby, through you I have
learned to celebrate the joy of just life itself; that life alone is a
cause for total joy.

Jillie, you have a sweet joy about you.  From you a peaceful happiness
radiates out.  It's clear you know you're cherished.  An elongated
stretch, a sweet sigh, you look ever content with your being.  Yet your
life had it's hardness.  At one year old you were abandoned.  Your
sweetness never faltered as you were taken into the shelter and then
rehomed forever with me.  For the first few weeks I worried as you
stressed and grew weak.  But you sustained.  You are trusting and loving
to me and to your world.  At two pounds you are somehow stronger than
what you went through.  I see you overcome what was the sadness of your
world to find simple joy in where you are today.  Jillie, through you I
have learned that with quiet strength and truth to my nature, I can
survive that which threatens to overwhelm me.

Mikette, you have such a lively spirit about you.  My first fuzzgal,
fiesty from the start you showed me what ferrethood is.  Full of
personality, always ready to investigate and get through any obstacle -
be it a door or an ankle (ouch!).  That first year with just you, you
were truly my baby.  How strange to have so much of my heart running
around in a little one pound ball of fuzzie energy.  You added so much to
my life, and though I hated to share you I was happy to see you accept
your new ferret sibling as your own baby.  You also have a part of my
soul, and it aches as you go through these troubles.  I see your body
betraying you, making life difficult.  But you take it fully in stride,
your valiant struggle never shows.  Your vitality thrives despite your
weakening body.  Mikette, through you I have learned that I can live
with life's indignities, without compromising myself or my spirit.