Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:48:22 -0500
Actually, I believe a vet wrote in to this list about a year or two years
ago, and said that olive oil (and other vegetable oils) do not function as
a laxative.  I believe what he said is that they are absorbed by the
intestine rather than passing all the way through, so they don't work to
"get the system moving".  Mineral oil or petroleum jelly (or raisins!) make
a better laxative ... Too much laxative, though, and you run the risk of
laxative dependency, and possible malabsorption and dehydration, too.

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483