Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:20:34 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I got a new Ferret Sunday night.
My mother and I took a drive and wound up at a Petco {her idea} to go in
and look around.  Any way, there were a few cute furkids there but none
that really caught my eye.  As I was walking around I noticed a buletin
(sp) board and there were a lot of free to good home Guinea pigs, and
other assorted pets.  Then I noticed a ferret add free to good hoome, So
we grabbed to piece of paper to call the person.  Then I noticed it also
said to ask about the ferret at the front register, so I did.  I met the
woman that had to ferret, she told me that someone just dropped him off
at the store a couple months ago adn left him there, so she took him home
and had a Vet check him out.  She said he is perfectly healthy and he got
his booster shots, he is also a young guy less then a year old.  So we
went and picked him up that night and brought him home.  We introduced
him to my other baby and they seem to get along fine, of course I keep my
eyes on them at all times.  He is a very BIG boy and she is sooooooo tiny
compared to him especially....lol.

Any way, to make a longer story short......I have a couple questions
about the new boy.  He seems fine but at night when he sleeps he whines
almost all night.  Any idease as to what this could be?  He also yawns
ALOT, more then any other ferret I have ever had, he falls asleep as soon
as you pick him up and hold him in your arms.  Is this unusual??  And can
I give him Kaopectate?  He has very loose stool, and I wanted to know if
there was anything I could give him.

Sorry I know this is a long letter, I hope someone has some good ideas
for me and the Big guy Bear.

Thanks again
Trish, Momma's Monkey and the new guy Bear