From:
Kimberly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:04:42 -0700
In the dark recesses of my mind, I know things like this happen. In
order to continue my faith in humanity as a whole, I choose not to
ponder these matters more often than necessary. But here it is, in my
face and I cannot ignore it. We ferret people rally together every
single day out of our deep love for animals, all animals, not just
ferrets.

I had to pass this along due to the overwhelming and heartbreaking need
to help these sexually abused dogs. There were three, one has died of
her injuries, two remain alive but are in need of medical care. The
Christmas spending is behind us and I know most of us are tapped out.
I'm passing this along because we love animals so very much, and this
is such an extreme case of abuse, the most extreme imaginable, and I'd
like the ferret community to help. If you can help, please take the
opportunity to leave a comment when you donate and let them know the
ferret community is behind their effort and prays for these dogs and
their caregivers and vets. They are about 61% along in their fundraiser
goal of $5200. Although I cannot imagine $5200 is enough. As usual,
your $1 or $5 or $10 WILL help.

What struck me most as I read from the links below, was that the
caregivers have received nasty emails, "those who think we should not
spend money on "just a dog'". How many times have we heard that about
our dear weasel people?! "It's just a ferret"! NONSENSE!

Facebook link:
<http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1535400035442&id=1548069564&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment#!/album.php?aid=248316&id=512045508>

Donation link:
http://eaglesdenrescue1.chipin.com/for-love-of-charity

Text of story: These 3 dogs were Sexually abused, and came in with
Severe Bleeding & torn rectums. Their owner (nor his son) have NOT been
Prosecuted yet. One dog died from this abuse. Her name was Charity.
Surgery was performed, because the Sexual Abuse was so extreme, that it
caused Damage to their Intestinal walls, making it so weakened, that
they would have died (without the surgery). Now, "Eagles Den Rescue"
has to get more surgery for the 2 girls, which will be another $5000.
The 2 girls that Survived struggle everyday with pain.....and
Charity.....well, she's in Heaven now.

For Donations to help out Eagles Den with this Surmounting Vet Bills
for the Girls, please Donate Directly to their CHIP IN below:
http://eaglesdenrescue1.chipin.com/for-love-of-charity

Eagles Den Website (to know the full story of what happened to Charity,
as well as the other 2 girls):
http://www.causes.com/causes/520620

Info Regarding these 3 girls: Eagles Den says the Man is under
investigation for operating an underground Dog Fighting Ring. He
brought in the 3 girls, who were bleeding from their rectums, and said
that a neighborhood dog had raped all 3 of them. The Shelter has all
the Man's info, but will not release it yet, because of the
Investigation :(

These 2 surviving girls are in constant pain & bleeding daily. They can
not play like normal dogs, and need to wear diapers. A second surgery
is needed to try & correct the problem as much as possible. They were
raped when they were Tiny puppies, and as a result has caused their
intestines to become extremely weakened. I don't know how many total
surgeries they'll need. But the one coming up will be their 2nd
surgery, which Eagles Den says will cost $5000!

Watch the info posted on the links for updates and hopefully we'll
hear some good news soon.

Kimberly Emerson
Pingford's Porridge
www.pingfordsporridge.com