From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:36:25 EDT
i am allergic to all mammals, but especially to guinea pigs and ferrets
(not together of course!).  I take Claritin all year round, have the
animals in a room for themselves now with an air cleaner and wash my
hands constantly.  If I put my hands to my eyes after touching the
ferrets, my eyes swell shut, but constant washing prevents it.  I am
typing now while using my nebulizer for asthma.  My allergist just asks
me "how many pets do you have this year?" when I go for my yearly visit.
I even take care of all the animals.  Go for it, it is doable.

Jean