From:
Lisa Weisensale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 20:42:48 EDT
Alright guys, thanks for the "scruffing" vocab.  I practice it frequently,
but never knew the name.  Thanks!  OK, SO!  I, a few days ago, got a new
female ferret, about 8 months young!  Adorable!  She now lives with a male
and female that we have had for 2years.  The new girl is taking the brunt
of the other female's attacks!  I know I shoudn't mess with wild instincts
as mother nature would intend, but these are knock down drag out fights.
I know that ferrets fight extremely harshly BUT I must interfere before
someone is killed!!  It will most likely take a few weeks to calm down, but
the Peanut just won't leave the new girl alone!  Chasing her all around the
house, and naturally the newbie is scared and screaming bloody murder!  I
NEED HELP ASAP!  I don't want to seperate them.  I just want peanut to lay
off and leave her alone enough to get used to the new place.  PLEASE HELP
ME!!

Thanks in advance,

Lisa & Erick
Cota, Peanut, & Smokey