From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 22:57:28 +0000
Hi!

I'm new on this mailing list.  Seems really interesting.  Please excuse my
english, I speak french.

I just thought I would tell you what hapened to my 2 years old little female
ferret which I adore.  Last year, I gave her a towel as a bed.  I didn't let
her that bed for a long time because I realized that she was eating it.  3
months later, she started vomiting.  I found a piece of tissu in her litter,
but I didn't really bother with it because it was clear to me that she
didn't suffer from an intestinal obstruction.  So I rushed her to the vet
hospital.  She had a huge abdominal ganglion.  The vet whached her 24 hours,
and then she told me that she had to operate her because she wasn't getting
any better.  I told her that I found the piece of towel in her litter but
she told me it was impossible since it had been 3 months since I took the
towel from her.  So I just recuperated the tissu and brought it to the vet.
It turned out that it was it that caused a huge inflammation of her
digestive system.  It took her many days before she got better.  She stayed
at the hospital for 5 days.  I had to go there 2 times a day because she
didn't want to eat if I wasn't there!... So I had to hand feed her.  So I
just wanted to share this sad story with you.  The vet thought she had some
kind of rare disease.  But it turned out positive!  It might help someone!

Since then she's really healthy.  I love her very much.  Thanks for reading
me.

Felanise's mom