From:
"Rachel M. Bray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:58:19 +0000
Marmette had the scare of her life the other day.  And I feel like a
horrible mommy laughing at her terrifying ordeal but.....IT WAS
HYSTERICAL!!!!

I got a Tickle Me Elmo for Christmas last year and he sits in the oversized
basket I have full of my koalas.  Marmette isn't allowed in the bedrooms
but every once in awhile, when I'm cleaning them, I allow her to "sneak"
in.  It makes her feel like she's getting away with something.  Anyway, all
the koalas are brown, gray, beige, neutral colors.  But, of course, Elmo is
red and sticks out like....a ferret in a fish bowl (ugh!  please don't
flame me about goldfish!!).  Marmette always goes straight for him and
attempts to pull him out of the room and down the stairs to her hidey place
under the recliner.  I usually catch her before she gets out of the room
but this time....well....it had been a long day, give me a break.
BUT.....when she got him to the first step, the "bounce" activated his
voice and he started giggling.  Marmie dropped him out of her mouth like it
had been a hot coal and flew down the stairs so fast that I think she
missed most of them.  I laughed so hard that I thought I was going to pass
out.

Once I had calmed down and went to find her, she was in the cubby hole
where we keep the phone books, completely barricaded behind them.  She was
peaking over them at me like "Is it safe to come out?!" I pulled her out
and took her back upstairs to show her that this thing didn't come alive to
kill her.  She walked up to him, war danced on his poor little face like
"Take THAT, you beast!" and then wandered back downstairs.  So, so funny.
Where's a video camera when you need one?

Glad to hear you and your fur beasts are all right, Bob.  Their Guardian
Ferret was looking over you.  (Hee, hee, hee.  What a cute picture!  A
little angel ferret floating around taking care of their humans!  Like when
the weasels died in Who Framed Roger Rabbit) The G-3 breaks my heart,
though.  So sorry for your loss!!

By the way, Marmette wants me to post something to Fidget....

Hey, Fidget!  What was that score the other weekend?!  Go Bucks, furball!!!
Dook, dook, dook!!!!

Rachel (I think they should make a Tickle Me Animal or Beaker)
Marmette (MAAAAAAAAAAAA!!  It's coming to get meeeeeeeeeee!)

Rachel Bray
The Ohio State University
Treasurer's Office

I can feel no sense of measure