Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:23:10 EDT
Today my mailman made a delivery to me of two ferrets that he no longer
wanted.  He had only had them for about two months and decided they just
"weren't for him."  I agreed to foster them for him until a proper home
can be found.  I am not in a place that I can take in any more animals
right now as I have too many that are old and in need of extensive and
expensive medical care, both dogs and ferrets.  I need to place these
two together as soon as possible.

They are young, approximately 8 months old.  One male, one female.  They
appear to be in excellent health with beautiful coats, though fed on some
kind of kitten food (he didn't know what kind), and kept in one of the
small cages that pet stores sell, the bottom covered in cedar shavings.
They are very active and playful, lots of dancing and chattering, and so
far do not bite.  They have been introduced to the litter box, and after
laying around in it for a while have figured out what it is for, though
they are NOT litter box trained.  I would imagine they would do fine with
other ferrets; so far showing no signs of aggression.

I am located in Wilmington, NC, and if anyone is interested in adopting
these two youngsters, please contact me at the email address listed
below.

Thanks for your help

Lily