From:
Connie Gaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:18:59 GMT
>From:    Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am curious about the Natural Gold kibble, especially since it seems
>tohave a lot of herbal additives.  However, the high protein count
>concerns me.  Anyone have any info on if this might affect the older
>ferret's kidneys?  I know that high protein can affect dogs and cats
>as they age...

Margaret, there is some information posted on my shelter website about
Natural Gold, www.ferretwaystation.com

As far as the protein content, for a normal, healthy ferret, the high
protein isn't a concern.  After all, a ferret's natural diet is whole
prey, which is high in protein.  Bob Church addressed this issue in past
FML posts.  If you search the archieves, you should be able to find his
posts.  I also have other information about it that I will email to you
privately.

Connie
Distributor for Natural Gold Ferret Food
Shelter Director-Ferret Waystation