From:
stephanie ann maehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:37:26 -0700
Hi, guys!  Thanks for the advice on Sophie's vomitting--I'll ask the vet
about possible ulcers.  I now have to ask if any of you know what the status
is on ferts in Hawaii.  My husband may be stationed there next year.

Also, I just wanted to add my two bits on the feral ferret population in NZ.
We just got back from a trip in New Zealand where we hiked for six days
along the Greenstone and Routeburn rivers in the South Island.  Well, we
took a little detour to see a gorge and as we were crossing the river I saw
a long light brown flash that I knew was a ferret.  I said, "Dave, that was
a ferret!".  He said, "No, that was a squirrel." I argued that it was a
ferret, but eventually he convinced me that it was a squirrel.  So when we
rejoined the group I told the guides that we saw a squirrel.  They told me
that there are no squirrels in NZ and that what I saw WAS a ferret.  I
beamed :).  According to our guides there is quite a large feral ferret
population in the South Island of New Zealand.

Dooks! to one and all!

Love,
Steph, Sophie, Marty, and Jake

P.S.  Dayna, I loved the Foggy update--he's a star! :)!