From:
Ingella Arwidsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:57:40 +0100
Last week I mailed about my ferret Ellen who had been acting strange
lately.  14 nice people mailed to me directly and they all had the same
theory, namely insulinoma.  Thank you very much for taking your time
answering me.

My vet has now checked several things at several occations.  Her glucose
is always normal.  She has no sign of tumors or limps or anything inside.
Heart and lungs are fine.  However, the level on her liver test is too
high.  We do not know why since there does not seem to be anything wrong
with the pancreas.  We have put her on a B-vitamin cure and a special diet
consisting of high protein- high carbohydrate food.  She has been fine
since.  She is almost 8 years old so I will not put her through surgery
again.

Now, yesterday my other ferret Pjatten , 9 year old male, became very sick
and had a dreadful cough - sounded like he would suffocate.  Emergency
visit to the vet - guy has pneumonia !  Was put on med and today he is
running around like always.  His heart and everything is OK so I believe
I will keep him yet for a while.

Thanks again all of you taking time to advise me.

Ingella

Ellen , Swedish female ferret, digging her pal - big poodle
Pjatten, Swedish male ferret, hating Ellens pal, big poodle.